Easy, Tasty Pie that is yummy to the tummy.
DOUBLE-CRUST PASTRY (10-INCH PIE)
2 2/3 c
cups gold medal® all-purpose flour
7 to 8 Tbsp
RAZZLEBRRY PIE (BELOW)
1 bag of frozen raspberries (you can use fresh when in season)
1 bag of frozen blackberries
2 1/2 Tbsp
vegetable cooking spray
Mix flour and salt in medium bowl. Cut in shortening, using pastry blender (or pulling 2 table knives through ingredients in opposite directions), until particles are size of small peas. Sprinkle with cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time, tossing with fork until all flour is moistened and pastry almost leaves side of bowl (1 to 2 teaspoons more water can be added if necessary).
Gather pastry into a ball. Divide in half and shape into 2 flattened rounds on lightly floured surface. Wrap flattened rounds of pastry in plastic wrap and refrigerate about 45 minutes or until dough is firm and cold, yet pliable. This allows the shortening to become slightly firm, which helps make the baked pastry more flaky. If refrigerated longer, let pastry soften slightly before rolling.
Roll one round on lightly floured surface, using floured rolling pin, into circle 2 inches larger than upside-down 10-inch glass pie plate. Fold pastry into fourths; place in pie plate. Unfold and ease into plate, pressing firmly against bottom and side.
1. Thaw fruit almost completely and pour in colander to strain juice.
2. In large bowl, mix fruit, sugar and flour together. Line bottom of greased pie tin with crust. Fill with fruit.
3. Before adding top layer cut design into crust (as vents) Lay over top of crust, moisten edges with water to "glue" the two crusts together. With the back side of a fork, pinch edges together, or pinch with fingers.
4. Lightly brush top crust with water.
5. Sprinkle sugar over the top.
6. Cover edges with 1 1/2" strip of aluminum foil.
7. Bake for 30 minutes at 400 degrees.
8. Remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes until crust is golden brown.