MY CHOCOLATE PIE
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- pie crust, bought or homemade, personally i make mine
- 1 large
- box of cook and serve chocolate pie mix
- 3 c
- handful, plain flour, about 1/4 cup
- 3 large
- tablespoons dry cocoa drink mix, about 1/3 cup
- 1/4 c
- liquid chocolate drink mix
- 1/2 large
- hersheys chocolate candy bar
- egg whites
- 1/4 tsp
- cream of tarter
- 6 Tbsp
- 1 large
- or 3 or 4 mini reeces cups, frozen
1prepare pie crust, bake
2in large saucepan,
add all ingredients, using whisk, stir constantly, cook until real thick, remove, and add to your pie crust.
3using a metal bowl, have you egg whites, I use 4, for a better meringue, add 1/4 teaspoon cream of tarter, using a mixer, beat until stiff, add 6 tablespoons of sugar, a little at a time, beating all of the time.
when you get this done, top off your pie, take a frozen reeces cup, and shave it all over your pie meringue, brown in oven.i set mine at about 375 degrees, turning occasionally, for even browness.