Lois's Spinach Pie
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 large
- pre-made pie crust or your own homemade crust
- 16 oz
- spinach, frozen,thawed and drained
- 2 large
- eggs, any variety,beaten well
- 1/2 c
- milk, any kind(1%, 2%, whole, evaporated)
- 4-8 oz
- shredded cheese of choice(cheddar, mozzarella,etc)
- 1/4 c
- bacon bits(imitation or real, i prefer imitation)
- 2 Tbsp
- flour to enhance thickening
MAIN INGREDIENTS FOR BASIC PIE
1Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, beat eggs until evenly combined. Stir milk and flour together until there are no lumps, add to eggs. Set aside for later.
2Next mix uncooked drained spinach with cheese and bacon bits. Combine with egg mixture. Place half of this mixture in each pie shell. If you would like a deeper pie, you can use one deep dish pie crust with a little of the mixture left over.
3Place on cookie sheet and on middle shelf of oven. Bake for 45 minutes until egg mixture is set. Use foil on crust edges if pie browns too much. Before taking out of oven, you may add extra cheese on top and brown for five minutes or less.
4Variations(suggested): you may add 1/2c. to one cup of any chopped vegetable or combinations and/or herbal seasoning( thyme, oregano,nutmeg, etc) of choice. Combine with spinach mixture. If eggs and milk are not preferred, any broth or cream soup mixed with flour can be used. The variations are endless.