Frozen Peanut Butter Pie
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 2/3 c
- chocolate graham cracker, crumbs (about 81/2 cookie sheets)
- 7 Tbsp
- sugar, divided
- 2 large
- egg whites, lightly beaten
- cooking spray
- 1 1/4 c
- fat free milk
- 2/3 c
- reduced fat crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/2 c
- (4 0z)fat free cream cheese, softened
- (8 oz ) container frozen fat free whipped topping, thawed
- 3 Tbsp
- finely chopped salted, dry roasted peanuts
- 1/4 c
- shaved milk chocolate (about 1 oz)
1preheat oven to 350.
2combine crumbs, 3 tablespoons sugar, and egg whites, toss with a fork until moist. press into bottom and up sides of a 9 inch deep dish pie plate coated with cooking spray.prick crust with a fork before baking. bake at 350 for 10 minutes. remove from oven, cool on a wire rack.
3combine milk and remaining 1/4 cup sugar in a heavy saucepan over medium low heat. cook 2 minutes or until sugar dissolves, stirring constantly. transfer mixture to a bowl. add peanut butter and vanilla, stirring with a whisk until combined. cover and chill 30 minutes.
4place cream cheese in a large bowl and beat with mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. add milk mixture, beating on low speed until combined. fold in whipped topping, pour mixture into prepared pie crust.
5freeze, uncover, 8 hours or overnight or until hard. sprinkle with peanuts and shaved chocolate. transfer pie to the refrigerator 30 minutes before serving.