Fresh Peach Pie
Angela (Grammy) Derby
Make sure you cool it for at least 2 hours before serving to prevent it from breaking up. It's an easy recipe to follow and only takes about 30 minutes actual prep time. The hard part is waiting for it to cool! But, remember, patience is a virtue.
- pastry for a 9", 2 crust pie
- 6 c
- sliced fresh peaches, sliced (about 8 peaches)
- 1 tsp
- lemon juice
- 1 1/4 c
- 1/3 c
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 3 Tbsp
1. Cut an X on the bottom of each peach. Immerse in a large pot of boiling water for 30-40 seconds.
2. Remove with a slotted spoon. Immediately place in bowl of ice water to cool the peaches and stop the cooking process.
3. Use a paring knife to peel the skin, which should easily peel off by just pulling on it. If stubborn areas of skin won't peel off, just return fruit to the boiling water for a few more seconds and repeat the process. (I had one stubborn one, who went back in.)
4. Cut peaches in half by cutting around the pit, and twisting the halves in opposite directions. Use a sharp paring knife to remove pit. Now, slice fairly thin.