Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 5 ounce package sugar cones (for ice cream), crushed well (must be sugar cones, no other kind.)
- 1 stick
- butter, melted
- 1 1/3 c
- crushed spanish peanuts, unsalted (divided)
- 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 c
- powdered confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 c
- peanut butter (crunchy or smooth...both work fine)
- 1 large
- tub of cool whip (may use fat-free or sugar-free)
- 4 ounce packages instant chocolate pudding (again, may use fat-free or sugar free)
- 3 c
- milk (can use low-fat or even skim milk if you prefer)
- 1 large
- hershey bar (refrigerated) for grating
1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. This dessert is layered.
First layer: Mix together crushed sugar cones, butter and 1 cup of the crushed peanuts. Press into the bottom on a 9 X 13 glass baking dish. Place in preheated oven and bake 10 minutes to set the first layer or crust. Remove from oven and cool completely before adding the other layers.
2Second layer: Soften cream cheese, and blend well with peanut butter and powdered sugar. Blend until smooth. Fold in 2 cups Cool Whip. Spread this over the crust layer.
3Third layer: Mix up your pudding with 3 cups milk and spread over the second layer, spreading it out evenly. Take remaining Cool Whip and sppread over all. Sprinkle 1/3 cup crushed peanuts and grated Hershey bar on top. Put in the freezer, being careful not to freeze all the way. This dessert is best served half-frozen.
4Note: This dessert is very rich at best. If you are watching your weight or blood sugar, feel free to use fat-free or sugar free products when possible in making this dessert. The taste will not suffer and any little bit helps, right? Bon Apetit' Y'all!!