Delicious Banana Cream Pie
- 9 in baked pie crust, or graham cracker crust ( baked)
- 2/3 c
- 3 1/2 Tbsp
- corn starch
- 2 - 1/2 c
- whole milk
- 1 - 2 large
- bananas, peeled, and sliced
- egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 2 tsp
- pure vanilla extract or could use banana extract if wanting a banana flavored pudding
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 - 2 banana's, cool whip for decorating ( optional )
- lemon juice for dipping banana's if decorating
Graham Cracker Crust: 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (18 crackers)
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
Heat oven to 350º F. In a small mixing bowl, combine cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter. Press crumbs firmly against the bottom and sides of the pie plate. Bake the crust for 10 minutes. Cool.
Keep chilled until ready to serve.
Other ideas I have used with this pie. Drizzle a layer chocolate ganache on crust before layer of banana's. I have also drizzled chocolate ice cream topping on the top of the pie, over the banana's and whipped topping.