Cranberry Apple pie
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- pastry for 9 inch double crust pie
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup lightly packed basil leaves
- 3 cups sliced pared tart apples, about three medium
- 2 cups fresh or frozen thawed cranberries
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
1heat oven to 425°.
2Prepare pastry. Mix sugar and flour. Alternate layers of apples cranberries and sugar mixture in pastry lined pie plate, beginning and ending with apples. Dot with margarine.
3Cover with top crust that has slits cut into; seal and flute. Cover edge with 2 to 3 inch strip of foil to prevent excessive browning; remove foil during last 15 minutes of baking. Bake until crust is golden brown and juice begins to bubble through slits in crust, 40 to 50 minutes.