Chocolate Dream Pie
Turn all the noises off in your house (people included). Sit down with a cup of coffee and a slice of this pie. Savor every bite.....
You will love or hate me after making this!
- 9 inch prepared pie crust shells, baked
- use the scraps of pie dough to bake up decorations, dust with powdered sugar if desired
- 2 c
- 1 c
- heavy cream
- 1 1/4 c
- white sugar
- 1/3 c
- unsweetened dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 1/2 c
- plus 1 tablespoon, all purpose flour
- 1 dash(es)
- 3 large
- egg yolks, mixed and set aside in medium bowl
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 2 box
- instant chocolate mousse (or make your own)
WHIPPED CREAM FOR THE TOPPING
(coat the scraps with egg wash for a nice golden color)
You can use any pie crust recipe but you may want to try mine. It doesn't shrink that bad after baking without any filling inside. I don't put any beans in it either and it bakes so good. Light and flaky!
Let that cool down completely.
Make your chocolate mousse and spread on your cooled pudding. Let that chill.
Top with whipped cream, decorations and it you really want to kick it off make some chocolate ganache and pour on top of the whipped cream.
Don't add the whipped cream until serving.