Please note: this is not my photo. I found it on the net just to show what the pie should sorta look like, this is close to what mine looks like but mine has two layers of caramel.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- pie crust of your choice, graham cracker, chocolate crumb, shortbread, etc, cooked and ready to go
- cans sweetened condensed milk that has been boiled in the can, instructions to follow
- sliced bananas, spray with lemon juice to keep from turning color
- 1 pt
- heavy whipping cream or at little less or a little more
- about 1/3 to 1/2 cup confectioners sugar to sweeten the cream
1I'm too lazy to make homemade caramel so I take 2 cans of sweetened condensed milk, remove the labels (do not puncture the cans) and put them in a pot with plenty of water to cover and bring to a boil, lower heat to a low boil for about 3 hours then remove from water and let cool completely. Inside the cans is the most beautiful dark colored thick caramel you can imagine. This stuff is liquid gold and can be used on lots of things so you might want to boil extra cans and put them in the fridge. I can eat it right out of the can!!!!
2Prepare the crust of your choice and cook it, let it cool. Put one of the cans of caramel into the crust and put the sliced bananas in next. Then put the other can or caramel. Cover very generously with sweetened whipped cream. Pile it thicker in teh middle and it looks prettier. Here's a hint, when you're whipping your cream add a packet of Equal or other powdered sweetner in it and it makes your cram hold longer. Decorate the top with cocoa powder or with shaved chocolate. Refrigerate for a couple of hours , then dig in!! I don't have a pic of one, maybe if somebody makes it that can post one for me. Enjoy.