apple rhubarb pie version 2
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 6-8 med-large granny smith apples. about 1 1/2 bunch of rhubarb from the produce section at store.
- lemon juice for apples [always a good idea to do ur apples last]
- 2 teasps cinamon 1 teasp nutmeg about 3 1/2 cups sugar
- if u wish u may use 1-1-1/2 cups raisins
- a few pats of real butter,
- 2 ready made deep dish pie crusts. and 1 box pillsbery pie dough for tops of pies
- flour to sprinkle litely on deep dish pie crust
- 2 tabsp milk [1 tabsp each pie top crust] and 2 teasps of sugar [1 tabsp each top of pie crust]
1in large mixing bowl mix ur fruit altogethe rwell with spices and sugar. then ""litely"" sprinkle deep dish crusts with flour [so it don't get soggynor be raw its never happened to me but they say rule of thumb]
2pour fruit mixture in to both pie crusts evenly. place a few pats of butter and about 1 teasp of corn starch on top fruit in each pie.
3place tops of pie crust on pies. flute edges with for and cover edges with foil so edges don't burn. take and make a few slits in the top pie crust
4place on cookie sheet in pre-heated oven  for about 45 mins take out and remove foils return to oven to brown edges