My Lemon English Trifle
One day when we had unexpected company for dinner I came up with this recipe.
Luckly I had all the ingredients on hand.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- left over sunshine cake, pound cake, or angel food cake (stale)
- lemon curd...see my recipe for easy pezzy lemon curd or lemon meringue pie
- birds eye custard, follow the directs on package to make
- lemon zest
- heavy cream, whipped with a little powdered sugar
- blueberries, fresh
- strawberries, fresh
- raspberry preserves, seedless or use the lemon meyer jelly if you have made some and have some on hand
- pure lemon or vanilla extract
- limoncello, plus sugar and cooked down into a syrup
1When I don't have unexpected company and can plan ahead I make my Isegi Kook-Even Cake to make the Trifle with.
Make a good lemon curd and set aside to cool.
Tear the cake into bite size pieces and place on tray. Place on oven on lowest light, so as to lightly dry out.
2Make the Birds Eye custard and set it aside to cool.
Whip the heavy cream with a little powder sugar, Lemon zest and tad of Pure Lemon or vanilla extract.
3In a lovely glass serving dish, place a layer cake pieces. Add on top of the cake pieces the custard to cover on top of the custard add some of the fresh berries. Add another layer of cake pieces, on top of those cake pieces add the lemon curd. Add another layer of cake and then add the perserves. Top with whipped cream and fresh berries.
If you don't have children...add some Limoncello cooked down on a low light with little sugar to make a syrup and drizzle the syrup on the first and second layer of cake.