Morte di Cioccolato (Death by Chocolate)
Very easy to make and always beautiful to serve.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 pt
- haagen dazs chocolate ice cream
- 2 pt
- haagen dazs coffee ice cream
- 2 pkg
- prepared oreo cookie crumb pie crusts
- 3 Tbsp
- granulated sugar
- 1/4 stick
- melted real butter (with salt)
- 1/8 c
- heath bit o'brickle toffee chips or 1 crushed heath toffee bar
- 1 jar(s)
- hot fudge sauce
- 1 pt
- fresh raspberries
- 1 box
- rolled italian wafer cookies (i used dark chocolate hazelnut)
- springform pan (i used a heartshaped springform pan as pictured)
1In a medium mixing bowl, dump prepared oreo cookie crusts and smash with a fork until no longer chunky. Add granualted sugar and melted butter and stir until mixed. Press firmly, 1/2 of cookie mixture into the bottom of a springform pan.
2You will need to move quicky as ice cream melts fast...defrost 2 pints of chocolate ice cream 15 seconds in microwave and then in a mixing bowl, soften the two pints till smooth but not totally melted. Add this softenend chocolate ice cream on top of first cookie layer and press gently to the sides. Top this with the remaining cookie mixture gently pushing to all edges but not pressing as before to have a layer covering the whole top of the chocolate ice cream.
3Next, and again moving quickly, defrost coffee ice cream 15 seconds and then soften in mixing bowl. Once softened, add on top of 2nd cookie layer and gently press ice cream to edges.