Featured Pinch Tips Video
- angel food cake (sugar free or regular)
- 1 box
- reduced calorie strawberry gelatin (dry mix, .35 oz)
- 10 oz
- frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 1 tsp
- sweetner (sugar substitute)
- 16 oz
- topping, whipped, lite or sugar free
1Break the angel food cake into 1/2" to 1" pieces and spread them evenly into a 9 x 13 glass cake pan.
2Thaw the strawberries, place into a bowl and stir in sweetener to taste.
3Mix the dry jello with 1 1/2 cups boiling water to dissolve.
4When jello is cooled but not set, stir in the thawed strawberries.
5Evenly pour the strawberry mixture over the angel food cake pieces and slightly "squish" the liquid into the cake pieces.
6"Frost" the cake with the thawed whipped topping. If desired, garnish the cake with fresh sliced or whole strawberries.
7Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. Cut ito 3 x 3 squares to serve. Keep leftovers refrigerated.