Nectarine and Pistachio Crumble
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 6 nectarines
- vanilla ice cream to serve
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup blanched whole almonds
- 1/2 cup oat flour or oatmeal ground in a food processor
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup light soft brown sugar
- a baking sheet lined with parchment
FOR THE NUTTY CRUMBLE TOPPING:
1Preheat oven to 425.
2To make the crumble topping, put pistachios and almonds in food processor and process til coarsely chopped. Transfer to a bowl. Add oatmeal and butter and use your fingertips to rub ingredients together til mixture resembles coarse wet sand. Add flour and sugar and rub together to mix. cover and refrigerate til needed.
3Cut nectarines in half. If the pit does not come out easily, don’t worry. Simply slice the flesh off the fruit and drop it directly onto the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle crumble topping evenly over the nectarines and bake in preheated over for 10 to 15 minutes, til fruit is soft and juicy and topping is a soft golden color. Serve warm with ice cream. Serves 6