Ginger, Coconut and Papaya Tart
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- pie crust, purchased (half of 15-oz package)
- 1 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- 1 8-oz pkg
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 6 Tbsp
- canned cream of coconut (such as coco lopez)
- 3 Tbsp
- 1 c
- sweetened shredded coconut, lightly toasted
- 1/4 c
- chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 1/2 large
- papayas, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c
- apricot-pineapple preserves, or apricot preserves
1Preheat oven to 450°F.
2Unfold crust and press out fold lines. Sprinkle with flour. Roll out to 12 1/2-inch round. Arrange floured side down in 11-inch-diameter tart pan with removable bottom. Pierce bottom and sides with fork.
3Bake until golden brown, about 12 minutes. Check crust during baking; if sides of crust slide down, press up with back of fork. Cool completely.
4Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Mix in cream of coconut and sugar, then 3/4 cup coconut and ginger. Spread filling in crust.
5Arrange papaya attractively atop filling.
6Melt preserves in heavy small saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently. Brush over papaya. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup toasted coconut around edge of tart and in center.
7Refrigerate until filling is firm, at least 1 hour. (Can be prepared 6 hours ahead. Keep refrigerated.)