Coconut Burfi is a popular Indian sweet made of pure fresh coconut. It is easy to make and less expensive as it does not require much of ghee. This Burfi is made during Diwali "The Festival of Lights".
got this recipe and pic. from : ifood.tv/recipe/coconut_burfi_1
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1/2 c
- desiccated unsweetened coconut (fresh coconut can also be used)
- 2/3 c
- milk ( whole milk or condensed milk can be used)
- 1/3 tsp
- tsp cardamom powder
- 4 Tbsp
- sugar (add more sugar if you want more sweetness)
- coarsely crushed almonds
- a few strands of saffron(mixed in 2 tsp of hot milk)
- 1/2 tsp
- tsp ghee (can substitute with clarified butter or vegetable oil )
Add the milk, cardamom powder, almonds, saffron and sugar.Allow it to boil. Stir it once in a while till it thickens and becomes dry and firm (like a fudge consistency) but still soft.
Pour into a plate already greased with a little ghee and with a flat spoon roll and pat out evenly in the plate. Cut it into diamond shaped pieces and let it cool. Do not remove it from the plate.
After it is completely cooled, put it in the refrigerator so that it sets in firmly and doesn't break.
Remove after 5-6 hours. Coconut Burfi is ready to eat.