Chocolate Dream Pie
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1/2 c
- (1 stick) salted butter, softened (at room temp)
- 1 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 c
- pecans, toasted and finally chopped
- 1 pkg
- cream cheese, softened
- 1 c
- powdered sugar
- 1 large
- large container (12 oz) cool whip, divided
- 1 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 slice
- optional- sliced strawberries,or any berries will do, bananas or oranges also
- 2 pkg
- (3.9 oz) chocolate pudding mix
- 1 qt
- cold whole milk
- 2 c
- fruit or nuts or even chocolate shavings for garnish
while the crust is cooling down, Beat softened cream cheese in a large mixing bowl nix until smooth. Slowly add in powdered sugar, beating after each addition until smooth. Fold in 1 cup of cool whip and the vanilla extract. Spread this mixture evenly over the cooled shortbread crust.
OPTIONAL - spread slices of strawberry or any fruit or nuts over the cream cheese layer.
In a separate bowl, beat or whisk the pudding mix with the cold milk according to the directions on package. put in fridge and Let set for a couple minutes, then spread over the strawberries (if using, otherwise spread over the cream cheese/Cool Whip layer.) Let set up another 5 minutes.
Finally, spread over the remaining Cool Whip until even.
Garnish with shaved chocolate, additional whole pecans and/or fruit. Chill at least 2 hours in the refrigerator or overnight before serving, cover it so it does not get a skin on it.