Strawberries and Cream Trifle
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 14 oz. can sweetened condesned milk
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- 1 pkg. ionstant vanilla flavor pudding and pie filling, 4 serving size
- 1 container frozen whipped topping, thawed, 8 oz
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup strawberry preserves
- 1 large prepared angel food cake, 9 inch size, cut into 3/4 inch cubes, about 8 cups
- 2 tbsp. sliced almonds, for garnish, optional
1Whisk condensed milk and water in large bowl. Add pudding mix and whisk for 2 minutes, til well blended. Refrigerate for 5 minutes. Fold in whipped topping. Stir together sliced strawberries and strawberry preserves.
2Spoon 2 cups of the pudding mixture into bottom of a 4 quart clear glass trifle bowl or round glass serving bowl. top with half the cake cubes, half the strawberries and half the remaining pudding mix. Repeat layers, ending with pudding. Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours or til set. Garnish with sliced strawberries and almonds just before serving.