Hope you enjoy it.
- trifle sponges, cut in half, horizontally
- 100 g
- apricot jam
- 4 Tbsp
- medium sherry
- 385 g
- can fruit cocktail drained, but syrup reserved.
- 3 large
- 2 Tbsp
- caster sugar
- 600 ml
- (1 pint) milk
- 1 tsp
- vanilla flavouring
- 300 ml
- (12 pint) whipping or double cream
- red glace cherries, halved
- a little angelica, to finish.
N.B. keep the heat low or the custard will go lumpy.
Remove from the heat & stir in the vanilla. Leave to cool for 10 minutes.
1)A heavy based pan will stop the custard from overheating & the eggs from scrambling.
2)If your not sure about making the egg custard, mix 1 tsp cornflour with the caster sugar, then whisk into the eggs.