Raspberry Lemon Squares
The original recipe says you can use lemon cake mix,but like the author,I would prefer yellow or butter cake mix .
- 1 (18.25 oz) box yellow cake mix
- 1/2 c butter,melted
- 1 large egg
- zest of 1 lemon
- 6 oz raspberries
- 8 oz cream cheese,softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 c powdered sugar)plus extra for garnish
- juice of 1 lemon
2. Beat cake mix, melted butter, 1 egg, and lemon zest to a soft dough. Press into the bottom of the prepared dish.
3. Add rasberries to a blender or food processor and puree until liquified. Pour through a flour sifter to remove seeds.
4. Beat cream cheese, 2 eggs, and powdered sugar until smooth, about 1-2 mins. And 3/4 cup raspberry puree and lemon juice, and beat until well combined. Pour on top of crust.
5. Bake at 325 degrees F for 40-45 minutes until edges are set and start to crack. Middle will still be slightly gooey. Let cool and set completely before cutting into squares. You can put the pan in the refrigerator to speed up the cooling process.
6. Just before serving, top with a dusting of powdered sugar.
Makes 20 bars. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.