KUMQUAT UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 3 Tbsp
- butter, salted or unsalted
- 3/4 c
- packed light brown sugar
- 1 pt
- kumquats, sliced into 1/3rds, seeds removed
- 8 Tbsp
- unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3/4 c
- 1 tsp
- eggs, large, at room temperature
- 1-1/2 c
- 1-1/2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/2 c
- whole milk, at room temperature
FOR THE FRUIT LAYER
FOR THE CAKE LAYER
Cook, while stirring with a wooden spoon until the sugar melts and bubbles.
Set aside and allow to coo lwhile you make the cake batter.
Do not over mix.
Continue until you have covered the bottom of the pan.
Place in the over and bake for 35-45 minutes until a wooden pick comes out clean.
Allow the pan to cool for 20 minutes.
Put on your oven mitts just in case some hot juices escape.
Flip the cake over and it should pop right out.