Chocolate-Walnut Passover Cake
Delicate, Sweet, Delicious Holiday Dessert!
Apricot jam and walnuts with chocolate, makes for a taste that can't be beat and the orange zest just adds the crown to the finished product.
- 1 tbsp. matzo meal or matzo cake meal, for dusting
- 1 package (8 oz.) semi-sweet baking chocolate, divided
- 6 eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 tsp. grated orange peel
- 1 cup walnut pieces, finely ground
- 1/4 cup apricot jam
During Passover for example, a number of foods are forbidden. If you are cooking food for Jewish guests during Passover, ask them about their specific culinary traditions and if you should use ingredients like matzo meal. While all types of matzo are presumed Kosher, not all are safe for Passover, since some have ingredients which are restricted during this important holiday.