Thumb Print Cookies The Ultimate best!
Also, I just made these again with my Grandchildren. We didnt add the nuts and they still turned out great! Have the kids roll the dough into balls and poke their thumbs into them....they had a blast creating these cookies! :)
- 1 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp
- stick of butter, room tempurature
- 1/3 c
- sugar: add to the butter and blend until light and fluffy
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- egg yolk (reserve egg white for glossing the tops of the cookies if you want)
- 3/4 c
- chopped walnuts (or other nut if you wish) *optional
- 1/2 c
- jam, preserves,spreads of your choosing. *see notes in directions
MIX TOGETHER AND SET ASIDE:
BLEND TOGETHER IN A MIXER: ONE INGREDIENT AT A TIME AND IN ORDER:
Add in the egg yolk and blend.
Add the vanilla and blend.
Make them small, and space them on the cookie sheets....they grow when they cook!
Take them out of the oven. They will have puffed up a bit, and the indentation will be fairly lost at this point.
Again, indent the cookies with the back of a spoon this time, while still hot.
Place whatever filling you would like (about a 1/2 teaspoon in each cookie)
Make this recipe your own by adding whatever your family likes. :)
Seriously good cookies! And like I said, you might want to double this recipe, because they do not last long at all! :)