Perfect Snickerdoodle cookies
- 1 cup "crisco butter" shortening (for best results do not substitute)
- 1 1/2 cups of white sugar
- 2 lrg. eggs
- 2 3/4 cups sifted all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- in seperate small side dish: mix together 2 tbs white sugar with 2 tsp cinnamon
In a medium bowl, cream together shortening, eggs and 1 1/2 cups sugar. Sift together the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt into the creamed mixture (half at a time )... mix until well blended.
In a small bowl, stir together the 2 tablespoons of sugar, and the cinnamon. Roll dough in palm into near walnut sized balls, then roll the balls in the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place them onto an unprepared cookie sheet, two inches apart.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Edges should be slightly brown. Remove from sheets to cool on wire racks.
Note: Check around 8 minutes into baking time, if bottom edges look a little brown, they are done. You don't want to over bake them.