|1 1/2 c||softened butter|
|2 c||white sugar|
|1 tsp||almond extract (vanilla is what the original recipe called for)|
|5 c||all purpose flour|
|2 tsp||baking powder|
|4 c||confectioners sugar|
|5 Tbsp||almond milk *|
|i use almond milk in almost all my cooking because we have lactose intolerant children, regular milk is fine|
|1 tsp||almond or vanilla extract|
|few drops||food coloring (optional)|
|yellow, brown and green m&m's|
|yellow and green nerds|
|same color candy sprinkles|
|cake decorating gels in black, red, orange, green, yellow, blue and purple|
|shamrock shaped sprinkles|
Pinched by txcookie56, and 47 more.
- Grocery List
1. In a large mixing bowl cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time then add almond/vanilla extract.
2. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt until completely combined.
3. Cover and chill at least one hour, I like to let it chill overnight.
4. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and set out ungreased cookie sheets.
5. Roll dough out onto a floured surface so it is about 1/4 inch thick and cut your shapes out.
6. Lay cut dough onto your cookie sheets about 1-2 inches apart and bake 6-8 minutes.
7. Allow to cool about 3-5 minutes before moving to cooling racks to cool completely before decorating.Icing:
1. In a large mixing bowl, cream confectioners sugar and shortening until it is smooth.
2. Beat in the milk 1 Tbsp at a time followed by the almond/vanilla extract.
3. Continue beating until it is smooth and stiff, about 5-7 minutes. If it is too thin add more confectioners sugar.
4. If desired add food coloring and beat until color is combined.Decorating tips:
1. Completely spread a thin layer of icing over cookie.
2. Place your candies before using the decorator gel, it is just MUCH easier that way!
3. Make shamrocks by placing 3 green m&m's in a triangle and then tracing around them and place a "stem" with green decorating gel.
4. Pot o' gold is easy and almost realistic with yellow nerds and black decorator gel; place the nerds and then draw a pot under it. Even more fun is drawing a rainbow to it!