grace's candy cane cookies
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 bag betty crocker sugar cookie mix. the large bag
- 2 boxes red and white candy canes
- ingredients to make cookies on package
- tub of plain white frosting
- pam to spray cookie sheets, or u may use parchment paper
- 1 zip lock baggie snip the end at one corner
1in large mixing bowl combine all ingredients to make cookie batter. in food proccessor place all candy canes. process til almost powder like. add about 1/2 to cookie batter. it will turn a lite pink thats ok. blend well.
2on cooking mat or large cutting board place flour. take batter [should be thick and able to handle] and place on floured surface. work dough a little. roll out ro 1/2 inch thick. take round cookie cutter or buscuit cutter and cut out cookies til all dough is used up. bake about 12-15 mins,in preheated 350 degree oven. take out let all cool.
3when cooled, frost litely whith frosting. then place remainder of crushed candy canes in the zip lock baggie with one corner sniped.
4take and make like a pinwheel or swirl with candy cane in bag. for simpler way you may just sprinkle on each cookie, tastes great.