Colorful Mexican Wedding Cake Cookies
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 c
- margarine or unsalted butter, softened (4 sticks)
- 1/2 c
- white sugar (not powdered)
- 2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 4 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 1/3 c
- finely chopped pecans
- red food coloring drops (optional)
- green food coloring drops (optional)
- 4-5 c
- powdered sugar for dusting the cookies
I use my food processor and it only takes seconds to do. Start with about 2 cups whole pecans.
More or less is okay!
separate your dough in two parts, add red food coloring in half and green in the other.
Mix your colors the best you can.
pinch off some green and red and roll together. This is time consuming but worth it!
The cookies won't raise so you can really fill up that cookie sheet
Place on a rack to slightly cool.