Banana cream pie for my favorite son in law….
Irisa Raina 9 @Irisa
When ever my husband and I visit our kids/grand kids in Michigan I always have to make this for my son in law....of course I always make one that is "kid friendly " no alcohol :-)
- ginger snap cookies for crust “about 20-25 “ crushed
- 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter softened
- 3 teaspoons of unsalted butter
- ¼ cup bourbon “ your choice “
- 2- 3 bananas “ripe”
- vanilla instant pudding, 1 large or two small boxes
- ¾ cup sweet coconut canned milk very very cold “ shake the can thoroughly before opening “
- ¾ cup whole milk very very cold
- crushed ginger snaps for top – optional
1Mix ginger snaps with 3 tablespoons of butter and press into a pie pan. Bake at 325 for about 10 minutes, let cool.
2Melt 3 teaspoons butter in a frying pan, carefully add bourbon, removing the pan off the heat before adding. Slice the bananas in thin slices and add to the butter and bourbon. Cook till the bananas are all coated and soft. Remove from heat, chill.
3Mix pudding with both milks, and beat with a hand mixer till it becomes thick add ½ of the cooled banana mixture and at this point you’ll want to carefully mix with a spoon as to not to mash the banana’s. Put the other ½ of the banana mixture on the bottom of the crust and put the pudding mixture on top of this…. Top with ginger snaps if desired. Chill for several hours.
4You can change things up a bit…by making a chocolate wafer crust.
You can also omit the bourbon and add Cream D Banana…..liquor
? ? ? this is truly a dessert for adults