Pina Colada Roll
Give it a try... a little bit of work, but oh so worth it! And don't even go near that bathroom scale!!
Our challenge for this week (ending Oct.1, 2011) was to make a sweet sammie w/8 ingredients or less... this is my creation.
Holy cow, as soon as you take a bite of this delicious dessert you feel like you're on a beach somewhere in the Carribean. The tortilla is crispy and the banana's warm and creamy. I love the added flavor from the rum on the pineapples and coconut. The whipped cream and cherry on top complete the fantastic flavor combination. What a treat!
Tip: If you don't want to use rum, substitute 1/4 tsp of rum extract.
- flour tortillas (8" diameter)
- 1 medium
- 1 c
- melted milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 c
- chunk pineapple, drained (about 6-8 pieces)
- 1/4 c
- coconut, sweetened
- 1 tsp
- rum (I used Captain Morgan Spiced Rum)
- 1/2 c
- toasted & salted pecans, chopped
- Reddi-wip whipped cream (in a can)
- maraschino cherries