chocolate Panna Cotta
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1/2 cup water
- 5 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 7 1/2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 5 ounces high-quality milk chocolate, such as lindt , chopped
- 2 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 vanilla beans, split lengthwise
1Brush 8 3/4-cup glass custard cups with canola oil.
2Pour milk into medium bowl. Sprinkle gelatin over; let stand until gelatin softens, about 5 minutes.
3Stir cream and sugar in heavy medium saucepan over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves.
4Bring to boil; remove from heat. Add chocolate; whisk until melted. Whisk warm chocolate mixture into gelatin mixture.
5stir to dissolve. Stir in vanilla. Working in 2 batches, transfer mixture to blender and use only 3 on/off turns to just fully blend mixture (do not overmix
6Divide mixture among custard cups. Cover and chill 24 hours. (Can be made 2 days ahead. Keep chilled.