Girl Scout Popcorn Balls
Amy Jo Bellis
You can also use large marshmallows, but the miniature ones melt faster. If you use regular/large marshmallow, it takes 40 of them.
The amount of popcorn varies based on your taste. Mom used to fill a large roasting pan 3/4 full of popped popcorn to make these.
To keep for a couple days (if they last that long), wrap in plastic wrap or sandwich baggies.
Add a few drops of food coloring to the melted marshmallow mixture before mixing with popcorn for a festive and fun treat (orange/black for Halloween or red/green for Christmas).
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 8-11 c
- plain popped popcorn with the hulls and un-popped kernels removed (as much as possible)
- 1 pkg
- (~10 oz) miniature marshmallows
- 8 Tbsp
- butter or margarine
- 3 qt. pan with thick bottom to melt marshmallows
- large pan or bowl (i.e. large roasting pan)
- 2-4 Tbsp
- additional butter or margarine