Strawberry Lemonade Layer Cake
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 box
- (18.25 oz) strawberry cake mix (plus oil, water and eggs as directed on box)
- 8 oz
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 pkg
- (0.23 oz) kool aid lemonade
- yellow food coloring gel (as desired for color)
- 7 oz
- marshmallow cream or fluff
- 8 oz
- whipped topping
- fresh strawberries for garnish
1Make cake according to box instructions and bake in 2-8 inch round cake pans as directed.
2Turn finished cakes out onto cake racks and allow to cool completely.
3Once cake is cool, cream together cream cheese, lemonade and yellow food coloring until smooth.
4Mix in marshmallow cream and the mix in whipped topping until completely smooth.
5Level the cakes and place one layer on a platter, cut side up.
6Spread about a third of the frosting over the top, then place second cake layer cut side down on top.
7Spread the remaining frosting over the top and sides.
8Slice strawberries and place on the top and sides of the cake for decoration.
9Refrigerate until ready to serve and serve cold, straight from the fridge.