Rum raisin barsfrom The Fat Witch Bakery
these bars are a spirited version of classic Blondie's with plump, sticky raisins standing in for the chocolate chips. The combination of rum and butterscotch is truly transcendent. The alcohol cooks off in the oven, leaving only a lingering sweetness. Don't skimp on the amount of time you soak the raisins. The jucier they are, the better.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1/2 cup light rum
- 1 3/4 cup raisins, both dark and golden raisins are great but all of one or any proportion is fine
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened to room temperature, one stick
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- two large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
Cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl until smooth. Beat in the eggs and vanilla and continue mixing until the batter is well mixed.
Remove from the oven and cool on a rack for one hour. Cut just before serving.
Makes 12 to 18 bars