Rhubarb Dump Cake
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 3.5-4 cups rhubarb, rough cut (process/blend on “pulse”)
- 3/4 to 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 sm. pkg. red jello (i use raspberry) sugarfree ok
- 1 pkg. cake mix, white or yellow - cheap one!
- 1/2 cup (+or-) h2o (i used cranberry+pommegranate jce)
- 3 tbsp. melted butter/margarine/oil - your choice! (zap butter/margarine in meas. cup w/ pouring lip for ease later)
1Pam/Baker's Pride spray baking pan well. Pour into pan dry ingredients. Sprinkle over all the cut rhubarb, scattering evenly.
2Drizzle all liquids to wet down dish contents, then draw knife through to distribute mingling wet & dry. Adjust amount of added liquid if needed, but don't expect it to be batter-like; cooking rhubarb will provide more juice!
3Can be doubled for 9 X 13, but I'd only do a bit more than half again of the rhubarb.
4Bake at 350 - 35 minutes (+or-) Check that bottom is cooked, cake-like, then cool, but serve warm with whipped cream/ icecream or drizzle with heavy cream/half-and-half.
5Keep leftovers wrapped well to prevent drying out or freeze/thaw to enjoy later. (substitute other fruits/juices/jellos to vary)