Ooey Gooey Butter Cake Bars
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 box of yellow cake mix (1 pound)
- 4 ounces of butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 8 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- 1 pound (16 ounces) of powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
1Preheat oven to 350 F. Line an 8 x 8 inch pan with parchment paper.
2Make the base first: mix together cake mix, butter and 1 egg.
3Pat into pan, create an even layer
4Make the ooey gooey layer: Cream together the cream cheese, 2 eggs, sugar and vanilla.
5Pour gooey layer over cake layer, spread to edges.
6Bake for 45 minutes* or until edges are golden brown, center should be a creamy yet solid consistency like cheesecake or heaven.
7Cool completely in pan before cutting into 1-inch sqaures with a clean, dry knife. For best square results, pop into freezer and chill before slicing.