NoOil?NoEggs?NoProblem! Oh So Easy Pineapple Cake
OH SO EASY PINEAPPLE CAKE
I am always trying to come up with an easy way out. So when it comes to making a cake...I LOVE CAKE MIXES!
Tonight I was thinking...I wonder if I could make a Pineapple Cake with just a Pineapple Cake mix and a can of Crushed Pineapple.
Guess what? It worked!
Very light, moist and so good! (If I say so myself!)
My very own recipe!
- 1 box
- pineapple cake mix
- 1 - 20 oz. can(s)
- pineapple, crushed (in it's own juice) see below please
- 1/8 c
- optional: (reserved) pineapple juice from above for frosting below
- 4 oz
- cream cheese or low-fat cream cheese (1/2 - 8 oz. pkg.)
- 16 oz
- frozen whipped topping, (thawed) - regular, lite or sugar-free
- 1/2 small pkg
- vanilla or french vanilla, instant pudding mix (dry) regular or sugar-free/fat-free (dry)
- 1/2 tsp
- almond extract (optional)
- 1/8 c
- optional: reserved pineapple juice from cake ingredients
- 8 to 12 oz
- container frozen whipped topping, thawed - (optional)
Spray:(1)9 x 13-inch OR desired cake pans for layer cake(s)with 'Baker's Joy' or whatever nonstick cooking spray you prefer.
Mix: For about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
Pour: Badder into prepared cake pan(s) and spread evenly.
Cake will bake up as any other cake and can be tested by using toothpick method or by touching cake lightly in center. If it springs back it's done. But don't over-bake.
Remove: From oven and place on wire rack(s)for cooling about 30 to 45 minutes.
Frost: With desired whipped topping.
Cover and refrigerate 1-2 hours or overnight.
For Alternate Frosting:
Combine: Softened cream cheese, and approx. 1 cup - whipped topping until light and fluffy using electric mixer on low speed.
Add: Almond extract (if desired) and mix well.
Add: 1/4 pkg. Instant pudding mix (dry) and mix with mixer on low to medium speed.
Continue: To mix alternating remainder of whipped topping with remainder of dry, instant pudding mix( 1/4 pkg.) until light and creamy.
*(You might want to use 1/8 c. (more or less) of reserved pineapple juice to obtain the right frosting consistency for you. .. But again; this is only a suggestion :)
Frost: Completely cooled cake and refrigerate covered 1-2 hours or overnight.
Serve: Cake chilled.
Refrigerate: Covered leftovers.