Lemon Drop Cake
- 1 box
- supermoist lemon cake mix/ water,vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake box mix
- 1 c
- powered sugar
- 1/4 c
- fresh lemon juice (1 large) lemon
- 1 can(s)
- container rich & creamy lemon frosting
- lemon drop candies, crushed, if desired
Make cake mix as directed on box, using water, oil and eggs. Pour into pans. Bake 28 to 33 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes.
In small bowl, mix powered sugar and lemon juice. Poke top of warm cake every 1/2 inch with long-tined fork, wiping fork occasionallu to reduce sticking. Drizzle and spread lemon mixture over top of cake. Refrigerate about 2 hours or until chilled. Remove cakes from pans by lifting with foil; peel away foil.
In a small microwavable bowl, microwave frosting uncovered on high 15 seconds. On serving plate, place 1 cake, rounded side down; trim if necessary so layer rests flat. Spread with half of frosting. Top with second cake. rounded side up. Frost top of cake wih remaining frosting. Garnish with lemon drop candies. Store loosely covered at room temperature.
* YOU CAN USE TWO 8 OR 9 INCH ROUND CAKE PANS INSTEAD OF THE SQUARE