Fudgy Peppermint Cake
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 cup land o lakes® butter, melted, cooled slightly
- 1 cup land o lakes® half & half or milk
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 1 (3.9-ounce) package instant chocolate pudding and pie filling mix
- 4 land o lakes® all-natural eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 8 ounces white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon land o lakes® butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- 6 hard peppermint candies, coarsely crushed
Combine all cake ingredients except white chocolate in large bowl. Beat at low speed 30 seconds. Increase speed to medium; beat, scraping bowl occasionally, until well mixed. Stir in white chocolate.
Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely.
Combine powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon butter, 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract and enough milk for desired glazing consistency in small bowl. Beat at low speed until powdered sugar is moistened. Increase speed to medium; beat until creamy. Drizzle glaze over cooled cake. Sprinkle with crushed candy.