Eggnog Pound Cake
This cake is always so moist and delicious.
Credit goes to Taste Of Home recipe site for recipe and photo.
Eggnog isn't just for holidays!
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)i used a white cake mix
- 1 cup eggnog
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 serving (1 slice) equals 221 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 265 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
1In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Beat on low until for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
2Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
3For sauce, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt; gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg yolk; return all to pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
4Remove from the heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Cool for 15 minutes. Fold in whipped cream. Store in the refrigerator. Serve with the cake. Yield: 16-20 servings.
You can make the custard sauce or not. I drizzled vanilla frosting over the cake and then sprinkled nutmeg over the frosting, my family likes it better this way. You can use rum extract too.