- note: you don't have to use organic, your preference
• 1/2 cup cacao or organic cocoa powder
• 1/4 cup virgin coconut oil
• 1/4 cup coconut butter (also called coconut cream or manna)
• 1/4 cup almond butter (roasted)
• 1/4 cup honey (or you can substitute stevia if desired)
• 1/2 cup shredded coconut
1. In a large bowl, combine cacao, coconut oil, coconut butter, almond butter, and honey. (You can warm this a bit over hot water if your room temperature is too cold for the ingredients to mix well.)
2. Stir ingredients until well combined.
3. Place bowl in freezer for 10-15 minutes until chocolate reaches cold, firm consistency.
4. Remove from freezer and roll into 1 inch balls.
5. Place nuts or shredded coconut in a bowl and roll each truffle in mixture to coat. (You can also dust them with cocoa powder instead if desired.)
6. Keep in refrigerator or serve immediately.
For spicier truffles you can add 1 teaspoon chili powder and/or 1 teaspoon cinnamon.