Caramel Brownie Cheesecake
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 3/4 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
- 1 pkg. caramels, 14 oz
- 1 can evaporated milk, 5 oz
- 2 cups coarsely crumbled unfrosted brownies, prepackaged from a bakery or your favorite mix. let cool and crumble enough to make 2 cups
- 3 pkg. cream cheese, softened, 8 oz. each
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream, 8 oz
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- whipped cream, chocolate lined wafer roll cookies for garnish
1Mix vanilla wafer crumbs and butter, stirring well. Press mixture firmly in bottom and 2 inches up sides of 9 inch springform pan. Bake at 350 for 5 minutes. Let cool completely on rack.
2Mix caramels and milk in small pan; cook over low heat, stirring often, til caramels melt. Pour caramel mixture over crust. Sprinkle crumbled brownies over caramel.
3Beat cream cheese at medium speed of mixer 2 minutes or til light and fluffy. Gradually add sugar, mixing well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating just til blended. Sir in sour cream and vanilla.
4Pour batter into prepared crust. Bake at 350 for 50 to 60 minutes or til cheesecake is almost set. Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature on a wire rack. Cover and chill at least 4 hours.
5Remove sides of springform pan; garnish, if desired. Makes one 9 inch cheesecake.