Apple Pie Bread
Featured Pinch Tips Video
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup 1% milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups shredded apples (I used 5 Macintosh)
2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
3 tablespoons flour
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
2 tablespoons cold butter
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 5 bread pan with nonstick spray; set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together. Add the milk, eggs, vanilla, and apples and mix on low speed until smooth.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Add the dry ingredients to the apple mixture on low speed until combined. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and spread evenly.
4. In a small mixing bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon on low speed. With the mixer on low speed, add little pieces of the butter and mix until blended. Add the walnuts and stir well. Sprinkle the streusel over the bread batter evenly.
5. Bake for 60 – 70 minutes (until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean). Let stand for 10 minutes. Then remove the bread from the pan and cool on a wire rack.
This would be a great treat to keep in the freezer. All you need to do is thaw it out overnight and then you’ll have an instant dessert with no mess or fuss.
When the bread is completely cooled, wrap in plastic wrap and place it in a labeled freezer bag. Remove as much air as possible. I recommend using a vacuum sealed bag. Freeze up to 2 months.