Angel Food Delight
Can use store bought or make your own favorite angel food cake. So this recipe can be made quickly as a last minute desert idea. A whole angel food cake or ½ or even angelfood cupcakes can be used for this recipe.
- store bought angel food cake, or make your own favorite recipe
- containers low fat lemon flavored yogurt
- containers of cool whip, thawed (use refrigerator method to thaw only); any flavor even sugar free. Extra creamy seems to hold longer and better
- Fresh fruit, your choice or what is in season, frozen fruit does not work
- Eatable flowers for decorations (optional)
1Place angel food cake on a platter (if you made your own must be totally cooled), set aside. In a medium mixing bowl place your containers of cool whip and fold gently containers of lemon yogurt till well blended. Use cool whip/yogurt mixture like a frosting on the angel food cake. Make sure if you want a flat top to decorate fill the hole in angel food cake with mixture. Arrange fruit and flowers on cake to your desire. I like to fan out strawberries and decorate with raspberries, blueberries, mandarin oranges, etc. Cover cake and store in refrigerator till ready to serve.
2VARIATIONS & OTHER IDEAS
I find the lemon yogurt is the best to use it so refreshing with the fruit. But any flavored yogurt will do and you can mix and match fruit to yogurt for different flavors. I’ve even dusted cake with cocoa, or dark chocolate shavings etc. If you use plain yogurt and want to add some flavoring like expresso powder, tang etc. Add it into the yogurt first then fold into the cool whip. Just make sure the powder is well dissolved first into the yogurt.