- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup seasoned fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, snipped, or golden raisins, snipped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves or allspice
- 2 pounds uncooked ground chicken or turkey
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 16 ounce can jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 cup bottled barbecue sauce
Meanwhile, in a 3-1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker, stir together cranberry sauce and barbecue sauce. Add cooked meatballs, stirring gently to coat. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 2 to 3 hours or on high-heat setting for 1 to 1-1/2 hours. (Meatballs may be kept warm on low-heat setting for up to 1 hour more.) Serve with toothpicks. Makes 60 meatballs.
Prepare meatballs as directed through step 2, except do not bake. Cover and chill for up to 24 hours. Continue as directed in steps 2 and 3, using the maximum timings to bake and to heat in slow cooker.
(Cranberry-Sauced Meatballs Appetizer)
Servings Per Recipe 60, calcium (mg) 0, Monounsaturated fat (g) 1, vit. A (IU) 0, vit. C (mg) 0, Folate (µg) 0, chol. (mg) 17, Niacin (mg) 1, Riboflavin (mg) 0, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, sugar (g) 4, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 0, iron (mg) 0, sat. fat (g) 0, Trans fatty acid (g) 0, fiber (g) 0, cal. (kcal) 48, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0, Thiamin (mg) 0, pro. (g) 3, sodium (mg) 122, carb. (g) 6, Potassium (mg) 93, Fat, total (g) 1