Pineapple Pistachio Baklava with Creamy Kiwi Glaze
- 1 16 ounce pkg
- phyllo dough
- 1 lb
- crushed pistachio nuts
- 2 can(s)
- del monte crushed pineapple
- 1 c
- imperial margarine
- 1 tsp
- 1 c
- 1 c
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/2 c
- 1/4 c
- powdered sugar
- 4 Tbsp
- whole milk
- 1 Tbsp
- dehydrated kiwi powder
- 4 oz
- philadelphia cream cheese
- 6 small
- fresh whole, peeled and diced kiwi
1) Whip cream cheese until creamy
2) Mix in powdered sugar then add dehydrated kiwi powder
3)Mix in 3 tablespoons of the whole milk
4)Add fresh kiwi but try not to stir to much you don't want the kiwi mushy.
5)Add the last tablespoon of whole milk.
1)VIP Follow all the instructions on the package of the phyllo dough for unthawing purposes.
2)Spray 9 by 13 in baking pan with Pam baking spray
3)Cut dough into 1/2 sheets with paring knife
4)Combine crushed pistachio nuts, well drained crushed pineapple, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla extract and honey in a bowl.
5)Melt butter in a bowl in microwave
6)Place a sheet of dough in the baking pan and lightly brush it with the melted butter; repeat this process until you have 8 sheets of thickness
7)Sprinkle the pistachio nut mixture on top of the buttered phyllo dough and repeat these two steps until the nut mixture is gone
8)Cut into any shape you want; I prefer the diamond shape
9)Bake at 350 degrees in the oven for 35 minutes; until the crust is golden brown. Be careful not to over cook because the Baklava will turn out really hard after it cools and it is supposed to be light and fluffy.
10) Let the Baklava cool for 40 minutes; pour the creamy kiwi glaze on top of the pieces. Do not pour too much glaze on each piece because it will be too sweet and over power the taste of the pistachio nut mixture inside the Baklava.