Jacques Pepin's Potato Omelet
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 c sliced onions
- 2 medium baking potatoes ( idaho),peeled,about 2 1/2 cups and thinly sliced
- 1 large tomato( about 8 ounces),cut into thin slices
- 6 large eggs,preferably organic
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Add the tomato slices to the skillet, arranging them so they cover most of the potato and onion mixture. Cover and cook for 1 minute.
Meanwhile, break the eggs into a bowl. Add the chives, salt, and pepper and mix with a fork.
Preheat the broiler. Add the egg mixture to the skillet and stir gently with a fork for about 1 minute so the eggs flow between the potatoes and tomatoes. Slide the skillet under the broiler, 3 to 4 inches from the heat, and cook for about 3 minutes, until the eggs are set.
Slide onto a platter, cut into wedges, and serve.