Eggpress: Egg Rice for 1
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1/2 Tbsp
- coconut oil, to fry the egg (roughly 1/2-1 teaspoon)
- 1 serving of hot plain cooked rice (sushi, brown, etc.)
- 1/2 Tbsp
- 1-3 tsp
- soy sauce/tamari, to taste
- 1/4 tsp
- toasted sesame oil
- sesame seeds for garnish (i used black and white sesame seeds)
- minced fresh cilantro, (garlic) chives or scallions, for color
- handful of greens (watercress, turnip, pea shoots, baby spinach or baby arugula-arugula was especially good!)
1Heat coconut oil in the skillet on medium-low heat and fry the egg until the white is cooked *and the yolk is still runny*.
2Spoon hot rice in a bowl (lined with fresh greens if desired) and drop a slice of butter on top. Place the fried egg on top of the rice and drizzle soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, and sesame seeds on top of the egg.
3Quickly and while the rice is still hot crack the yolk and break the whites into small chunks with a spoon. Mix everything with the rice in the bowl, garnish with cilantro chives or scallions and serve immediately.