Migas Especiales con Hongos
Source: The Tex Mex Cookbook, Robb Walsh
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil, plus more if needed
- 2 tortillas, cut into 1/2 inch wide strips
- 2 cups sliced button mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup ranchero sauce, recipe follows
Add mushrooms and garlic to skillet and cook for 5 minutes, or til mushrooms are cooked through and any moisture released has evaporated. Reduce heat to medium and add a little more oil if needed to keep eggs from sticking.
1 can peeled tomatoes,14.5 oz
1/2 cup (about 7 oz) water
1 medium garlic clove, minced
3 medium Serrano chiles, stems removed
Bring tomatoes and water to a boil in medium pan over medium high heat. Add garlic and chiles. Remove pan from heat and let sauce cool. Puree sauce in blender for 2 to 3 minutes or til its as smooth or chunky as you like. The sauce will keep, tightly covered in refrigerator for 1 weeks.