Touch of Cajun Quiche
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- pillsbury refrigerated pie crust
- 1 c
- monterey jack cheese or pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 8 oz
- andouille sausage, sliced and cut into quarters
- green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 c
- heavy cream or half and half
- 1 1/2 tsp
- cajun seasoning (i use tony cachere's)
1Roll piecrust into a 9" pie pan (you can use your own homemade crust if desired). Prick bottom of crust with a fork. Line pie plate with aluminum foil and bake in a 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes. Allow crust to cool before adding other ingredients.
2Sprinkle cheese over bottom of crust and add andouille sausage and green onions.
3Whisk eggs, cream or half and half, and cajun seasoning in a medium bowl until well combined. Pour into pie plate.
4Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes. Allow to sit for 10 minutes before slicing and serving. Quiche can also be refrigerated overnight and baked in the morning.